Heralded as “the next accordion star,” Julien Labro has established himself as the foremost accordion and bandoneón player in both the classical and jazz genres. Deemed to be “a triple threat: brilliant technician, poetic melodist and cunning arranger,” his artistry, virtuosity, and creativity as a musician, composer and arranger have earned him international acclaim and continue to astonish audiences worldwide.
Labro is one of today’s premier classical accordion and bandoneon virtuosos whose collaborations in orchestral and chamber music settings range from soloist to composer/arranger. Often considered an expert on Astor Piazzolla’s music, he has charmed audiences worldwide. Click below to learn more about his current projects.
- 11/23/19 “Saluting Django, Charlie, and Les” – Feat: Frank Vignola, Warren Vache, Olli Soikkeli, Chuck Redd, and Nicki Parrott in Salt Lake City, UT at The Capitol Theatre
- 01/25/20 Tribute to Django Reinhardt in San Angelo, TX at San Angelo Symphony
- 03/28/20 Berks Jazz Festival in Reading, PA at Miller Center for the Arts
- 04/07/20 Julien Labro & Jason Vieaux with the Ceruti Quartet & Pablo Aslan in Memphis, TN at Harris Concert Hall
- 04/18/20 Julien Labro & Jason Vieaux w/ The Buffalo Philharmonic in Buffalo, NY at Kleinhans Music Hall